LIFELONG LEARNING PROGRAM
21ST CENTURY: THE CENTURY OF WARS OVER WATER?
Academic Coordinator – Teacher: Ambassador (ret) Ram Aviram
DATES AND HOURS:
• Wednesday, February 15 (16:00-20:00)
• Wednesday, February 22 (16:00-20:00)
• Wednesday, March 1 (16:00-20:00)
• Wednesday, March 8 (16:00-20:00)
APPLICATION DEADLINE AND ATTENDANCE FEES’ PAYMENT:
February 1, 2017
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS:
- By email at: email@example.com (Maria Deca)
- At the I.I.R. offices daily from 10:00 till 14:00.
- By fax at 210 3313575
Applications should be submitted with a short CV.
The seminar will be held for the second consecutive year and will deal with: 261 basins of the world’s rivers and lakes are running through more than one country and hundreds of aquifers stretch across international borders – about half of the world water sources are cross-boundary sources. As scarcity of water increases dramatically due to population growth, rising standard of living and depletion of natural water resources the competition between stakeholders raises. During the last decades of the 20th century the prevailing view was that the interaction between those international actors is likely to be a conflict which may lead to the fulfillment of the prophecy “war of the 21st century will be about water”. But research and practical experience showed that other options are prevailing. The students will be introduced to the complex world of management of international water resources both in concepts and much more through the practical experience gained by Ambassador Aviram.
- Understanding the source of the conflict in theory and practice.
- War and cooperation – the water diplomacy in practice.
- Water conflicts in the Middle East – negotiations for life or death.
- Indo-Potamia – a negotiations role-play over shared water source.
- 90 € for the students and interns of I.I.R. Students are kindly requested to submit their current student identification.
- 120 € for all the others without exception.
- Two (2) scholarships will be given in the first two unemployed who will apply and submit their unemployment card.
Unemployed applicants are entitled to attend only one Seminar Cycle during the academic year 2016-2017.
Attendance fees can be settled till February 1:
- In any EUROBANK* branch.
- Through e-banking.
Please indicate your name at the «Reasoning» and send the receipt at the email firstname.lastname@example.org (Popi Laina)
*Bank number: 0026.0105.30.0200099114
SWIFT CODE-BIC CODE: ERBKGRAA
Institute of International Relations.
Attendees will be given a CD-ROM with power point presentations as well as bibliography.
CERTIFICATE OF ATTENDANCE:
At the end of the Seminar attendees will be awarded a Certificate of Attendance.
Seminar’s language: English