Teacher: Kansas Senator Chris Steineger
1 Απριλίου 2017 (9.00-17.00)
Download the application form
LIFELONG LEARNING PROGRAM
The amazing story of American government:
1776-2017, from George Washington to Donald Trump
Academic Coordinator – Teacher:
Kansas Senator Chris Steineger
Seminar’s language: English
Mr. Chris Steineger is in Greece as a 2016-2017 Fulbright Specialist. He will provide lectures and seminars to students and faculty on American government and contemporary political issues in collaboration with: the Panteion University in Athens, the University of Peloponnese (Corinth), the University of Piraeus, the Institute of International Relations (IIR) and the Navarino Network (Thessaloniki). With the support of the Fulbright Foundation in Greece
*The Fulbright Foundation in Greece awards grants to both Greek and US citizens to enable them to study, teach or conduct research in either the US or Greece. For more information on the Fulbright Program in Greece see www.fulbright.gr
Saturday, April 1, 2017
APPLICATION DEADLINE AND ATTENDANCE FEES’ PAYMENT:
March 30, 2017
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS:
– By email at: firstname.lastname@example.org (Maria Deca)
– At the I.I.R. offices daily from 10:00 till 14:00.
– By fax at 210 3313575
Applications should be submitted with a short CV.
Kansas Senator Chris Steineger will lead us on a day long discussion of the history of American Government from 1776 to 2017.
We will discuss the history, philosophy, and evolution of the American Constitution, the Bill of rights, and how they have evolved over time through legislation and decisions by the judiciary.
FREEDOM and OPPORTUNITY are the two most powerful forces that drive America forward and make it great.
We will discuss major foreign policy priorities since World War Two.
We will discuss changes and trends in American public opinion.
How did Obama get elected and then be followed by Trump?
(it should include the titles of the thematic areas
that will be discussed every 2 or 4 hours).
• History of the Constitution.
• 3 levels of government: Federal, State, and Local.
• Federal vs State: the evolution of shared power.
• Evolution of voting and civil rights.
• Regions & politics of the USA.
• Domestic issues vs foreign affairs
• What does Opportunity mean to you?
• What does Freedom mean to you?
– 50 € for the students and interns of I.I.R. Students are kindly requested to submit their current student identification.
– 60 € for all the others without exception.
– Two (2) scholarships will be given in the first two unemployed who will apply and submit their unemployment card.
Unemployed applicants are entitled to attend only one Seminar Cycle during the academic year 2016-2017.
Attendance fees can be settled till March 30:
– In any EUROBANK* branch.
– Through e-banking.
Please indicate your name at the «Reasoning» and send the receipt at the email email@example.com (Popi Laina)
*Bank number: 0026.0105.30.0200099114
SWIFT CODE-BIC CODE: ERBKGRAA
Institute of International Relations.
Attendees will be given a CD-ROM.
CERTIFICATE OF ATTENDANCE:
At the end of the Seminar attendees will be awarded a Certificate of Attendance.
Download the application form